Monday, June 2, 2014

Beautiful Chaos


When I say that I don't remember the first two years of the twins' lives, I am being absolutely serious. So much so that on my 32nd birthday, someone (I was so drained, I still cannot remember who) asked me how old I was and I said 30. No joke.
Those were the longest days, and somehow the fastest months. Every parent that I had ever met, would say "cherish these days, they go by so fast." And all I could think in the moment, was "Thank God." I love sleep, I missed sleep. I mean who doesn't love sleep? I'll tell you who. Newborn twins. They don't love sleep. Praise Mary and all the saints, because Nolan was a great sleeper, otherwise I really would have lost it. 



But of course, all those veteran parents were right. You magically forget changing 30 diapers a day between your 3 babies. Or when your entire family gets the stomach flu...um yeah, that's right, all three babies and momma! (Daddy was a champ that week)! You somehow forget….well, that one took a couple weeks to get over.

Everything seemed exhaustingly perfect. The babies were all growing, gaining weight and developing. Neva's strength and charisma really made us forget that anything was ever wrong with her. That little girl is a force, with a killer personality! Nolan was really starting to talk up a storm and embracing his brand new role as big brother. We learned that Jack was born with low tone, something he would grow out of, so we were told. As far as we knew, he had springs in his legs and was capable of doing amazing yoga tricks practically from birth. Did I mention that he rolled over while still in the delivery room? Yeah, he was maybe a minute old and decided to just roll over! Ridiculous! 





We knew then, and still believe that this kid would be destined for greatness. Obviously, Nolan and Neva could rule the world as well. Jack could just do it while in "cobra position"! 










No comments:

Post a Comment